I’ve been busy this weekend getting a few bits and pieces completed. The first is this 2nd love heart picture design. I decided to use buttons as I’d been given some lovely ones with my Mollie Makes magazine.
There wasn’t quite enough for this design so I used some others that I had been saving and recycled from old shirts and cardigans.
For the background I recycled an old column table lampshade that was ready to be thrown out but I really liked the texture and thought it would look great against the buttons.
I used double-sided tape to stick the buttons on to the textured background and used the same heart template that I used for the 3D butterfly heart picture.So now they can sit pretty next to each other…
I got a tea cup candle making set for my birthday in May and I’ve only just got round to using it.
I’ve wanted to make my own tea cup candle for ages so this kit was great as I’ve never done it before and I now feel confident in making my own from scratch.
Here are some step by step instructions for you to follow:
(Wax heats very quickly so don’t leave unattended or heat with direct heat!!)
What you will need:
1 x tea cup and saucer.
100% Eco soy wax. (amount depends on size of tea cup, i will be using 120g)
1 x candle wick.
Double boiler – pan and Pyrex jug.
Stainless steel whisk.
1. Fill the saucepan half way with water and bring to boil.
2. Place the soy wax in to the Pyrex jug and place into the saucepan. Turn the heat down to the lowest heat.
3. Whisk the wax slowly and melt the wax to 49 deg c.
4. Place the base of the candle wick into the melted wax and fix it to the bottom of your tea cup. Wait until the wax sets. ( I placed mine in the fridge for a minute to speed this up!)
5. Carefully take the pyrex jug out of the saucepan and slowly pour the melted wax into the tea cup.
6. You can straighten your wick at this point using 2 pencils.
7. leave the wax to harden for at least 12 hours before using. You can also cut your wick to the correct length.
8. Your tea cup candle is ready and should look something like this.